Effective date: October 31, 2018
When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
For the purposes of this Policy, ‘Customer’, as the term is used here, refers to an individual or an entity that registers to use our Services.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
Account and profile information. We collect following information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the Services. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Business phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Preferences information such as notification and marketing preferences
- Cookies and Usage Data
Operational data. We also store information you upload to or send through our Services, including:
- Information about products and services the Customer sells (including inventory, pricing, sale, transaction, tax, and other data)
- Information about the Customer or the Customer’s business (employees, consumers and suppliers)
Information you provide through our support channels. The Services also include customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service . Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, we may ask you to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
Other submissions. We ask for and collect personal information from you when you submit web forms on our websites or when you participate in any interactive features of our Services, participate in a survey, promotion, activity or event, request customer support, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for purposes.
Use of Data
We are continually striving to improve Services. Being able to identify how retailers are using our product plays a big part in helping us to make our software better. We may use information about you for purposes such as:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and information requested by you.
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service. To measuring, customising and improving the Services and developing new products
- To detect, Investigating, prevent and address technical issues, fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to Services, and other illegal activities.
- Sending you marketing, advertising, educational content and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about us, our Services, or general promotions for business partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications described below under “How You Can Protect Your Information”
- In the case of retail stores, to share the name of the retail store with potential customers to encourage them to use our Services
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Egypt and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Egypt and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
El Zatona may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of El Zatona
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Piwik or Matomo
- Mixpanel is provided by Mixpanel Inc
- You can prevent Mixpanel from using your information for analytics purposes by opting-out. To opt-out of Mixpanel service, please visit this page: https://mixpanel.com/optout/
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: elzatona.com//ar/contact-us/
- By phone number: +20102782329